Pages

Tuesday 14 August 2012

15 Day Nail Challenge – Day 14 Dots


Today’s nails are inspired by Aboriginal artwork. I wanted to create something a bit different from typical girly polka dot nails and this is what I came up with! I looked up various different artworks then took inspiration from each so it isn’t based on one particular artwork, more a combination of several mixed with my imagination.

 

The base colour is Rimmel – Hard Edged which I picked up in Poundland. I like the way that the shimmer contrasts with the creme finish of the dots. Polishes used for the dots were my trusty Color Club – White, Essence – A Lovely Secret, Essence – Trust In Fashion, OPI – Fiercely Fiona, OPI – Bullish On OPI, Miss Sporty – Pop Fiction and 17 – Orange Soda.

 

 

Some of the dots did smudge a little with when I applied topcoat which is a shame but not as noticeable in real life as it is in the pictures. 

 

 

Please come back tomorrow to see the final day of the challenge! Thank you for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Love it! We used the same purple :) Really great job x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the purple, it's gorgeous! Thank you x

      Delete
  2. I love this, especially because each nail is different! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted it to be very abstract x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...