Pages

Monday 24 September 2012

Purple With Stripes



 Hello everybody! Long-time no speak and I am so so sorry about that. I have been back at school for 2 weeks and I am just crazily busy! I will try and make more time for posting but what with my broken nail and being so busy, I haven’t really been in the mood. However, my nail is starting to return to a more normal length and to be honest, I have really missed blogging.


Today I am going to show you some nails that I did after seeing this by the amazingly talented Raquel from 9ml Universe. I was going to my friend’s house for her birthday on Sunday and I wore them for that. They received very positive feedback which I was pleased about! Anyway, on to the pictures.

 

 

 

 

I used a random purple Accessorize polish for the base (awful, it peeled :( )and Orly Oui for the stripes. Upon reflection I wish I had used a lighter base colour in order to show the purple of the Orly better as all you can really see is the gold shimmer. Nether the less I love it! 

 

 

 

 

It was done with striping tape basically the same way as in this manicure. It did take a while but after a couple of nails I got the hang of it and was able to do it faster. 

 

 

 

 

I hope you enjoyed this post and I will try to do at least another post this week. Thank you for bearing with me and, of course, for reading!

2 comments:

  1. They look lovely, great job on this!
    Thank you for the compliment. ^^
    One of my favourite things about this kind of manicure is the contrast between the creme and the shimmer polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I absolutely adore your blog, it's such an honor to have you looking at MY blog!
      The contrast is what drew me to it, it is so much more exciting than two cremes, inspired! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...